My Internship Experience in NCR

As part of the requirements in order to graduate in the BS IT program, I have to take my practicum. And the company that hired me for the training is NCR Corporation.

NCR is a global IT company giving solutions to customer needs. Its products include ATMs, checkouts and kiosks. It has continued to be leading on "how the world connects, interacts and transacts with business".



My job there was a software tester. I execute given test cases and ensure that the expected results of all the procedures given match the actual results. If not, a bug is seen and it will be reported to the developers for them to fix.

I was assigned to the team working on the SSCO (SelfServ Checkout). It is a product aimed for customers to transact their items in an easy, convenient and secure way. They scan their items, bag them and pay at their convenience. In effect, customer satisfaction is maintained and the store acquiring the device is benefited for an increase in revenue.

Other tasks include verifying logged issues, making configuration tests on devices, and finding bugs- the important part of the role.

During the course of my stay, I was given certain objective tasks that covered all those mentioned above. They were challenging, but I was able to accomplish all of them. I even did more than what I could do from them. These made me learn to acquire the needed skills for the job. And being in a team concerning quality, its importance motivated me to do my work well.

The workplace is very friendly and ideal. It's very spacious and it suits every employee to do their work well. The workmates are very warm, friendly and approachable. They treated me as if I was part of their team. And I can see that they treat each other like family.

Overall, it was an enjoyable, memorable and perspective-changing experience. It was fun working with the employees and fellow interns. It was also fun sharing moments together. When my training was complete, I felt grateful but sad because this whole thing will be missed.

But there are things I would want to impart to them from my short stay. First is my whole self as a workmate and a friend. I am a person willing to help someone in need. Second is my contributions to the project. I hope my efforts were not in vain and in waste as I have done the best that I could to help complete it. And with the things they imparted to me, I will not forget them.

I would love to work with them again if given the chance. But only time will tell if this would happen. So I conclude this has been a learning experience that will not be forgotten.

Comments