Personal Significance

I can say it's the one thing people look for in their lives. It's where we feel the presence of meaning and a sense of importance and belonging. And it's still felt despite the flaws present in us.



We can define our personal significance by the two kinds of audiences:

1. The audience of many
Their opinions about us matter a lot. So, we have these tendencies:

  * We're conscious of our performance.
  * We always look for their approval.
  * We think that those who fail are unworthy of love, and they deserve to be punished.
  * We avoid ourselves from shame.

2. The audience of One
God's opinion about us matters a lot. And here's the truth.

  * He loves us in spite of who we are.
  * He initially chose us to be part of His family.
  * He did everything for us so that we can become His child.


Coming from these two kinds of audiences, I find the audience of One more assuring. Others' preferences will change, but not God's. They won't match the worth I have in Him.

It doesn't matter if I fail. It doesn't matter if I had a bad past. I'm an imperfect person loved by a perfect God. He loves me just as I am. So I'd rather go for Him instead. 

And I won't forget my fellow Christians as we serve Him together. They can help me remind me of who I am in Him.

Comments