Real Man

On a sunny day, Matt decides to take a walk in the park. He was greeted by everyone there and was approached like a celebrity. He would greet them kindly and give them a warm smile.

He’s someone being looked up to. He’s wealthy, intelligent, and friendly. He’s good-looking, well-mannered, and well-built. His physical attractiveness can make every girl and girl at heart can fall for him. He has everything one could have.

As he went back home, he received a video call from his younger brother, Mike. He’s in Singapore for an exchange student program. The brothers caught up with one another and enjoyed their conversation together.


“Mom and Dad are visiting me here tomorrow. So we’re going to tour the travel spots together over the weekend”, said Mike.
“That’s great. How I wish I can join you.”, replied Matt.
“Yeah. Let’s be complete soon.”, said Mike, “By the way, we’re going home in two weeks. we can’t wait to see you.”
“Me, too.”, replied Matt.
“Have to sleep early now.”, said Mike, “I have a long day ahead.”
“Yup. Take care.”, answered Matt.


After the call, Matt decided to write a letter. So he wrote the letter, kept it in an envelope, and placed it on his table desk. He then slept to prepare for the next day.

This was what he wrote in the letter:


Dear Mike,

As you read this letter, you’re now 21. You’re a man full of responsibility.

I remember you when you were still young. You were happy and energetic. You loved playing outdoors. You’ve become an athletic person as you engaged in sports like basketball, swimming, and karate. And your athletic ability has taken you to places. I wouldn’t be any prouder.

I’m sure you know the popularity I usually get in our place. But I’m not doing these to show off. I’m just an ordinary person who needs to take care of myself and present myself well to others. I’m happy for every compliment I receive. I just hope that they look at me for the right reasons.

And seeing you now, you have the total package as well. So I just want to remind you of a few things:



1.) Honor Mom and Dad.
Don’t forget the lessons they always teach us growing up. This goes on until we grow old. What we do reflects how our parents raised us, and they raised us so well.

2.) Be a gentleman.
Always remember to be: patient, forgiving, loving, and humble.

Speak kindly, be gentle with your words, think before you speak, and learn to control your anger. 

Show your concern to the people around you. Be generous to help them out. Learn to protect and defend when needed. Love them without judgment. Be intense in your relationships with them. That’s the kind of man we should be. No one wouldn’t admire that.

3.) Be intentional with her.
When you date her, pledge to her that you will honor and respect her. Show your loyalty to her. 

When you meet a woman who tries to seduce you, tell her how much she’s worthy to a future husband. If she doesn’t listen to you, you know what to do.

4.) Learn to lead.
Someday, you’re going to be like Dad. So you have to be a good leader in the future. There’s no need to use force for others to follow or obey you. If you can lead right, that’s where people can respect you.

Everything I wrote here, I learned from Dad. I may not be married yet, but seeing him inspires me. If there’s anything I learned from him, it’s that you have to be the right person always.

It’s not just only to our future spouse, but also to the people around us. When we do, we become a great person to rely on.


I hope every young man will take this one seriously, and that includes you. What people see on the outside doesn’t make the real man. It’s the inside that makes one.

Whatever happens, Mom, Dad, and I will support you all the way. I love you, and I wish you all the best.

Your brother,
Matt

Comments