One Friend

They say that you can probably count your real friends with one hand. You can even count them on one finger.

Imagine the many friends you made in your life. Of all of them, how many are the true ones? How many are willing to stick with you even in the worst of times? How many can be there for you if you need anything?

These are rare ones. And if you can find just one true friend, you'll be truly blessed. It's the greatest treasure you can find in your life.

So today, I take this time to write about a friend of mine who has shown me this way.



I'm more than thankful to this dear friend of mine. And I'm more than blessed that we're still keeping our friendship this far. This made me see how much of a real friend he is.

I remember the first time I met him. He was a shy, quiet person. But I could see in him that he could do great things. I would see him a few times. A few years later, I didn't expect to meet him again. He was different since then. His faith was passionate. He gave his life for service with the skills and gifts he has. And I was happy for him. What I saw in him then wasn't wrong after all.

When the time came for me to be part of church service, I didn't expect to meet him again. And I would be part of the team he's serving. It felt like we're destined to form some kind of friendship. 


He was patient with me in teaching me the needed tasks of the team. He encouraged me to do my best and pushed me to excel. When I struggled with some tasks, he was there to help me. He cheered on me that I could master them one day. He encouraged me always to be better and to be open to learning new things.

He was understanding with me as he saw my flaws and imperfections. He was gracious with me at times when I would say or do things that hurt him. When I feel bad about it and apologize to him for them, he accepted. He even helped me out on how I can change from these so that I can be a better person.

He was there to listen to my struggles inside. When I struggled with myself, he reminded me not to doubt who I really am. He would tell me that I have value in myself. When I struggled with my daily problems, he was there to cheer me up that I can overcome them. He encouraged the fighter in me.

He was there to calm me down when I feel anxious. He would always tell me to relax and to take a breath. He would help me out on things to get the job done so that I don't need to panic even more. And right now, I'm still learning how to make relaxation my friend.  

He called me out in times when I am wrong. He was never afraid to point out my blind spot. I could see his care for me to help me become a better person. And now, I appreciate them even more.

He was also an ardent supporter of my endeavors. He recommended a lot of the best things to help me succeed in these plans I'm pursuing.



As I look back at these, I couldn't ask for more of this friend. He's done so much, and I want to return the favor to him badly.

And so to my dear friend, thank you for being you. Thank you for being one of the greatest blessings from above. I just want to let you know that I'm always a call or chat away if you need anything. I'm more than willing to be a true friend in good and bad times. 

I'll be here to listen to you whatever frustrations or difficulties you want to vent out. I'll give you the best advice when you need it. I'll be willing to understand you for what you're going through. I'll call you out when you're in the wrong.

I'll be one of your big supporters for the plans you want to take. I'll be one of your greatest encouragers to live the dreams you wish to fulfill. I'll always have your back even when life gets tricky.


I'll always be thankful for the catch-ups we had, the good conversations we made, and the moments we laughed and cried together. I hope that we still continue to journey together. I hope that we can keep this in the long run.

We may be a year apart, but our mindset in our faith journey keeps us one. I'll always be thankful that we're getting closer as friends. We're happier and more alive to be with each other as we continue to grow our friendship. We can be comfortable with one another to talk about anything. We can inspire each other to be better people.

I feel truly blessed to know a friend like you. I feel humbled that I can become a true friend to you. You're like a brother to me. And I hope we can continue to be like this until the end.


I'll always wish you the best, my friend.

Comments