The Big Comeback

"I would like to introduce to you our special guest.", said the talk show host, "Our guest is no other than Asia's Multimedia Dance Star, Justin Um."

There was loud applause as Justin entered the stage. He then shook hands with the host and sat down with him to start their talk.

"Let's have a look back at your career.", said the host.

Justin Um was one of the most popular teen idols of his time. At age 13, he was part of a teen-oriented reality show that became a monster hit and pulled the group to high popularity. He was known for his powerful dance performances, thus earning the title The Dance Sensation.

At age 14, he started a music career that became his career breakthrough. He made 3 studio albums and a compilation album and has sold more than 500 million records worldwide. At age 15, he landed hosting shows and acting roles that were also major hits. He also landed several product endorsements. These achievements earned him his current title.

At age 16, he staged his first major sold-out concert. After a few months, he announced his departure in his career to focus on his studies. Though his career stint was short, he undoubtedly left a lasting cultural impact.

Now at 28, he still looks young, vibrant, and happy as before. 


"How did your classmates feel when they learned you're with them?" the host asked.
"Most of them felt surprised and happy.", Justin answered, "They would line up for autographs and pictures."

"So how did you deal with life after the limelight?" the host asked.
"It was like normal.", Justin answered, "I'm an ordinary person like everybody else. I don't need any special treatment."

"It's been 11 years since we last saw you.", the host said, "What have you been doing lately?"
"I've been managing my entertainment agency. And I'm doing good with it so far.", Justin answered.

"It's so amazing.", the host said, "You've achieved great things in your youth, and you're still doing it until now. Your recent success is you've launched boy group Hit-X, girl group Bloom, and co-ed group Day's Gaze to global stardom. How do you manage to do that?"
Justin answered, "I always remember what my mentor will tell me. Have discipline, excellence, and compassion for others."

"How do you encourage your artists to be at their best?" the host asked.
Justin answered, "I always remind them of two things: hard work and humility. These are what I had during my career. And I assure you, they'll take you to many places. I also encourage them to express freely in their music. I always assure them of my support for everything they'll need. And I also advise them on what my mentors taught me."


"You're an inspiration for so many.", the host said, "You inspired millions of people to be at their best. You inspired a lot of aspiring musicians who want to take the path as you do. In fact, there's a popular split-screen love team that wants to collaborate with you on music and movie projects. What do you say?"
"I'm game.", responded Justin.

"That's nice.", the host said, "And the inspiration doesn't end there. You'll be receiving the Modern OPM Legend Award at the MUSIKo Eagle Awards for your outstanding contributions to music."
"Thank you very much.", said Justin, "It's an honor. "
"Do you still have things you want to do in mind?" asked the host.
"I want to create a music channel where the best of Filipino music is shown.", answered Justin, "I also want to make music festivals for this."

"That's a big vision for the future.", the host said, "Now, I just want to ask this before we end. What's next for Justin Um?"
"I'll be hosting a multimedia talent reality show.", answered Justin, "I'll also be a judge and mentor to the aspiring artists."
"How excited are you with this?" asked the host.
"I'm excited and a bit nervous.", Justin answered, "I'm still learning on my mentoring. But I know that they're big dreamers. So it's going to be fun."
"We're looking forward to that. Thank you so much, Justin, for guesting in our show.", the host said.
"It's my pleasure.", Justin replied with a smile.

There were loud applause and wild cheers from the audience. Justin was happy that he was able to reach his achievement with all that he went through. Now, he is awaiting his next chapter.

Comments