Vacation Break

“Thank you for spending the holidays with us.

“I wouldn't want to miss my niece's next chapter in life.”

Clint then unloaded his things, changed his clothes, and went to bed to take a rest from his boat trip. He woke up the next day, being called for breakfast.

“Your favorite toasted bread with sunny side up is waiting for you.”
“I’m coming, Grandma.”, said Clint.


So Clint joined breakfast with his grandparents. They caught up with one another and talked about what they would do upon his stay. After that, Clint joined them watching news channels on TV. It made him think about what he went through in his career.

Clint is a well-known TV host. He gained attention when he guested in talk shows and expressed his honest opinions on current issues. This gave him opportunities to take part in documentaries, news shows, and public affairs programs.

He's now a respected news personality, winning prestigious national and international awards. His achievements were considered outstanding. He was the youngest recipient to receive such awards, at the age of 27. He's named in a news magazine as the Person of the 2010 Decade.


"I'm so proud of you, my boy.", said Grandma, "You're a strong and fearless person inside and outside the camera."
"I just remembered what you taught me.", said Clint, "You taught me to have the strength and power to face anything in life. I can do something to change the things that happen around me."
"In life, you need to withstand any attack and fight against any kind of force successfully.", said Grandma, "You need the strength to take the blows in life and the power to strike life's arrows."
"I also remember that.", said Clint.

"It looks like you learned a lot from the errands you helped me with.", said Grandma.
"Yes, Grandma.", said Clint, "They taught me a lot in work and in life. I can be fast in doing what I need to do. I can process things quickly. I can excel even if I multitask. I can make the best decisions right away. And I can't afford to waste any time to do what's needed."


"How are your colleagues?" asked Grandma. "How about those who envy you?"
"I don't mind them.", said Clint, "I'm not affected with what they say."
"I'm glad that you're not allowing them to overpower you.", said Grandma.
"It took me time to get to this.", said Clint. "I had to look inside myself and be confident with it. I need to see myself that I'm one of a kind. My worth is not on how others look at me."
Grandma nodded in agreement.

"Others can criticize me for all that I did wrong.", Clint continued, "I may feel guilt and regret. But it doesn't mean I'll never change for the better. I don't need to condemn myself. I don't let them define me. I can make up for everything without expectations and without excuses. I'd rather focus on the people who'll continue to cheer for me no matter what."
"Your family is always here for you.", Grandma assured.
"I always thank all of you for that.", Clint replied.

"I was worried when you interviewed the Mayor one time.", said Grandma, "He was harsh in criticizing you. He said you were doing everything to make his life miserable."
"That official's ruining his own life.", said Clint, "He doesn't want to be exposed with his corrupt activities."
"I never liked him in the first place.", said Grandma, "And he had the nerve to issue you a warrant of arrest."
"I'm not afraid of him.", said Clint, "I always hold for the truth. I don't care if I'll be threatened, as long as I know that justice will always prevail."
"Well, he's now paying the cost behind bars.", said Grandma, "Don't worry about it."
"I hope he can reflect his actions.", said Clint.


"You know, you've become a role model.", said Grandma, "You've helped people become great thinkers. You've enlightened them with issues worth talking about. You've shown fearlessness in life and selflessness for others."
"It all goes back to the time when I accepted the news role.", said Clint, "I thought of how I can upskill myself. I feared for a few things. I feared to make mistakes on a live broadcast. I feared to be tactless at times when I speak out. I feared how I would deal with harsh criticism even though I have a neutral stand with my opinions."
"But I'm glad you took the encouragement.", said Grandma, "And the rest is history."
"I'll always be thankful to all of you for everything you taught me.", said Clint, "Now that I have a lot of opportunities to be a voice of others, I want to continue on this vision. I'll continue to work hard.  I'll focus more. I'll be consistent with this. I'll be persistent. I'll persevere. I'll keep on going no matter what happens."
"Carry on, my grandson.", said Grandma. “Say, why don't you plan out first for your niece's debut, as well as your week-long activities? You need to unwind a lot.”
"Yes, I will.", said Clint.

So Clint started planning out his activities upon his stay, trying to make the most of the vacation time he has.

Comments