Mid-Year



I've made my decision
There's no turning back
It's the way forward
I need to walk this track

I've understood and realized things
As I've seen my inner self
This isn't only for others
But also for myself

I don't want to be negative
To criticize too much
To disappoint greatly
To be jealous too much

Don't want to play the victim
To have drama going on
To be self-centered
To always be right on

I need to leave behind
All my unforgiveness
All my self-expectations
All my judgments

I accept all heartaches
I respect all differences
I'll be open-minded
And welcome all faces

Peace is what I need
Even in this time
I have a life to work on
While I still have time

I'm just fortunate enough
To have this course correction
I've seen how I've become
I'm now taking action

I can still see the cracks
It's something I'm not proud of
If I knew it long ago
This wouldn't be what I'll worry of

But I firmly believe that
This can still go better
A great ending to the story
I'm hoping for something better

One day, I'll remember this
I hope it's not too late
That I've chosen to turn the course
New dawn I'll await

Comments