We, Together

It was night, and Raymond was approaching his room. As he opened the door, his family, friends, and well-known celebrities were there, greeting him for a birthday surprise. Raymond was happy to see them and encouraged them to continue the celebration with their preparations.

As the celebration continued, Raymond’s best friends, Clint and Justin, approached him. 

“We’re very proud of you, bro,” said Clint. “We want to see you in more movies and series to come.” 
“You’ve come a long way,” added Justin.
"I’m just thankful to have Asia’s Best Journalist and Asia’s Multimedia Star help me be where I am now," answered Raymond. “You guys are the best!”
They smiled and then said, "We have something for you. We’ll be right back."


As the friends left, Raymond calmed himself and started reminiscing the bittersweet moments that lead him to his current standing. He felt nothing but gratitude. 

“Let’s settle down now, everyone!!!”
The visitors gathered in the living room, and Clint played a video for them to watch. Here was the video flow:

 <Video messages enter>

NIXON RADAYA, TV and Film Director

"Raymond is an all-out actor. He always does his homework in his assigned roles. I can see that because of his attention to detail. He doesn’t hesitate to approach me for his concerns or suggestions to portray the role better. We may have misunderstandings, but I’m glad he’s patient. He understands, and he always delivers his needed work.

What I like about him is his drive to make work better. He inspired all of us in the set to love our job more. And I’m thankful for the opportunity to work with a great actor like him. I hope you continue this on your future projects. Happy birthday!"

KEISHA HANUNAY, Actress

"Raymond’s a humble and friendly guy to the staff and his co-actors. He has a unique smile that can brighten a day. He’s a lively person, and we love to be around him for his jokes. It makes work feel less tiring. 

And he’s also an actor with a work ethic I salute. He’s always half an hour early. And while waiting for the rest to arrive, he goes over his script and reviews it so that he can be ready before filming starts. He always helps with the actors around him. He encourages them to shine and stand out.

I just hope many actors can be like you. So for your birthday, we wish you all the best and keep doing what you do. Happy birthday!!!”

MATT DUANZON, Childhood Friend

"Raymond’s a faithful friend. Despite his busy schedule, he makes an effort to catch up. When we can meet up, we schedule activities together. We would reminisce about the good times. He’s still the friend I know before. He continues to reach out and show genuine concern. And that’s what I admire about him, even when he’s now a celebrity. 

My wish for you is to continue being the warm and dynamic person you are now. I’ll remind you what you’ve reminded me then. ‘Never give up. Life is beautiful. There is always hope.’ So keep on going, and always be the best. Happy birthday!! ”

JEROME & MYRNA CARONA, Parents

Jerome: "Raymond’s like fire- exciting but dangerous.”
Myrna: "When it comes to work, he’s very passionate. But sometimes, he’s upfront.”
Jerome: "Well, I understand why he could be that at times. He’s very protective, most especially to his loved ones. But I would always remind him to balance things out. You can be honest but not brutal. And always be flexible. ”
Myrna: "And continue to be a person of generous, confidence, determination, and tact like he always is.”
Jerome: "Raymond, thank you for being our ray of sunshine. Thank you for loving and supporting our family through the years. I know you’re successful now. But I hope that you don’t forget that you always have a home here.”
Myrna: "Never forget what we taught you. Keep reaching for your dreams. We love you.”
Jerome and Myrna: “Happy birthday!!!”

CLINT RONDA & JUSTIN UM, Close Friends

Clint: Raymond may seem frail outside, but he’s a warrior inside. He’s as tough as a diamond and burns brighter than a flame. No matter how hard they may try to shake him, he will never crumble.
Justin:  That’s right. I’ve seen him struggle, and I’m glad he chose to rise above his failures and regrets. He always chooses the way forward, no matter how difficult. And I just want to remind him how unbreakable he is. He can achieve great things.
Clint: Now, he’s a rising star shining inside out. He shines not only in the roles he portrayed but also outside the limelight.
Justin: So for Asia’s Breakthrough Star,
Clint and Justin: HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!

 <End of video messages>

There were applauses after, and Raymond was teary-eyed. He had to say this.

"I know you’ve taken time from your busy schedules to prepare for this. And I appreciate all of your efforts. Thank you very much.”

“As I revisited my life, I realized that what carried me through all this time were three life principles: to work purposefully, to love, and to take courage in the face of difficulty. That’s been my mindset. I learn, laugh, help, and repeat. It’s been my mantra so that I can truly live.”

"But what I’m thankful for the most is that I don’t feel alone. All of you are with me on this journey. Thank you for journeying with me. I don’t think I’ll be where I am right now if it weren’t for you. Indeed, no man is an island.”

“I now believe in the Power of WE. And I hope we can continue to journey together. Thank you once again.”

There were loud cheers and applause, and they continued to celebrate for the rest of the night.

Comments