Tribute All-Time

Another chapter's about to end this month. Usually, this time is used for unwinding from the stresses and pressures of work, rekindling relationships with family and well-known friends, and most importantly spending time for self-reflection. This is an opportunity to do such, and we should spend it right. When done so, we can come back fully charged to start the new year ahead.

As far as life goes, I've learned that gratefulness is key. Every day is always a day to be thankful for- the new life we take in for every waking moment, the strength we gain to work hard for our loved ones, the wisdom needed to overcome the day's challenges, the given rest to prepare for another day, the people around us we create moments with, and other things.

We go through good and bad times, and we ought to be thankful for them. A grateful heart in these shows our understanding that things will work out fine. They serve a purpose of forming a bigger picture. With this, we know how to radiate positivity and respond well to anything thrown at us.


Every look back at year-end will always remind me that life is to be lived happily and contentedly. I can be successful in my career, productive with my outputs, creative with my plans, focused on being fit and attractive and disciplined with my main priorities. But if I'm not mindful of life's simple things in the midst of my busy, chaotic schedule, I can miss out key things. And I'll be more than thankful if they come time to time to remind me of what matters most. They keep me grounded and move me to cultivate a heart of love and generosity.

If life is lived in thanks-living, it would be more meaningful. It brings good well-being in all of us, most especially in heart and mind. And if there are things I've learned so far in terms of gratitude, here are these:

1. A thankful heart is a peaceful one.
A person with a thankful heart knows how to count the blessings given to him. He knows how to celebrate with others' blessings. He doesn't compare with them. He doesn't complain. He knows how to be contented. He has no time for envy because he knows he has all he needs. He finds harmony in the new perspective gained. From there, he keeps himself generous.

2. A thankful heart is a genuine one.
A person with a thankful heart doesn't always try to prove himself. He knows who he is and is grateful and contented for being himself. He doesn't need to say petty things to people. He may face regrets, but he can move beyond the past and look forward to the future. He confidently knows his pace in life is right. He doesn't need any recognition. He knows how to appreciate the people around him, and receive the appreciation in return with groundedness.

3. A thankful heart is a healthy one.
A person with a thankful heart knows how to be cheerful, which is good medicine. By stating out loud his gratitude even in the smallest things, he can keep his happy mood even for the whole day. When difficulty comes, his disposition causes him to increase mental strength. With that, he develops self-confidence. He becomes sound in who he is. These can make him catch the heart of humility and plant it until it becomes part of him.

4. A thankful heart is a powerful one.
Sometimes, a thankful heart can bring breakthroughs in life. It gives us the ability to fight discontent, negativity, insecurity, bitterness, anger, and all other things that try to drag us down. No matter how hard the opposing forces try to attack us, they can't overpower the strong fortress gratitude brings. It brings an inner renewal of strength and joy.


At this point, I want to thank all the things that have carried me through for all-time:

I'm thankful for every waking opportunity. They give me a chance to live in every moment, make new ones, try again when I fail, learn continuously about everything around me, and make the most out of all the valuable things I currently have.

I'm thankful for every difficulty given. They teach me a part of life I need to flow along. For I know that if I can find a solution to them, I can be stronger, better, wiser and unhesitant to seek help when needed.

I'm thankful for my precious jewels- my family and close friends. In the midst of people of harsh criticism and judgment, they're people of continuous love and support. They laugh, cry, rebuke (when needed), encourage, strengthen and build up, as they always seek the very best.

I'm thankful for my colleagues. Their daily grind of adding laughter, letting out every work-related frustration, helping each other out, and connecting one another with life stories always reminds me to not deal too much with the stresses of life, but rather take them one at a time and plan them well.

I'm thankful for my churchmates. They always show the very best of themselves in spite of their flaws and imperfections. In spite of life's difficulties, they continue to keep the fire alive in their love for God. When they lighten up that way, I feel inspired and motivated to do the same.

And most importantly, I'm thankful for the continuous love and grace from above. The work in me has been done and is still ongoing. I'm thankful that I get to wake up each day seeing life as living for the good of others. It'll never be about me. If I get to lose myself in service of them, it's where I find my happiness and fulfillment.

I hope we all take the time to reflect, look back, make fixes, build and hope for a fulfilling life ahead. From here on, we start with an attitude of gratitude. 

Comments