Fan Base

Maddy, Edna, Sofia, and Kara - individuals with a common ground. They met at a fan meeting event for pop-rock sensation Wendy Gadino. She's widely known for her songs that talk about current social issues and modern-day youth struggles.

These four women were privileged to attend the gathering. And before the program started, they got to know each other and talked about their fondness of the pop-rock star.


"I remembered being bullied.", said Maddy, "There would never be a day without a feeling of social exclusion. I remember times of anxiety, depression, and suicidal thoughts. But when I heard her song For Tomorrow, I felt encouraged to not mind what others say and to always fight for a new day."

"Same with Maddy.", said Sofia, "I would receive discouragement from people who would never want me to achieve any success. But when I heard her song Fearless, I learned to believe in myself. I also learned to understand them. They have that tendency to feel like they're in control to get what they want. Out of jealousy, insecurity, or response to a traumatic or stressful situation."
To which, Maddy nodded in agreement.

"I was taking a day off, and I heard a song while walking on the street.", said Edna, "Out of curiosity, I went to where it came from. And I saw the music video for Back Home. I cried as I listened. I remembered the family I left behind, and I had to bear being overworked and underpaid for a brighter future ahead for them. I then made a promise to come home soon."

"I'm like Edna.", said Kara, "While being a consultant of a well-known firm outside the country, the people there looked down on me. They associated our race to being a maid. I get maltreated sometimes. Until I heard the song Identity from the radio at home, I felt encouraged to fight for who we truly are."


"I love the messages of her songs. There's thinking of great things, living life strongly, inspiring others...", said Sofia.
"And loving yourself.", said Maddy.
"Each song is empowering. Every word is deeply felt.", said Edna.
"I can get several of them as my life songs.", said Kara.

"You know, Wendy's a pretty person despite her rocker look.", answered Edna.
"Yeah, a strong woman with a good heart.", said Maddy. "We can see in her how a true person she is. And it shows in everything.", said Sofia.
"I love her for being so humble and approachable to her fans.", said Kara.
"And I also love her sense of humor.", said Sofia, "I would laugh hard on the TV shows she guested."
"I remember my cousin listening to her songs all day. And I ended up knowing all of them.", said Kara.
"My brother has a big crush on her.", said Edna.


"I remember the first time I met her.", said Maddy, "She had the warmest smile when I asked her to sign my copy of her debut album. After that, she gave me a little note. And I didn't expect what she would write there. It says:

Maddy,
Never forget to unconditionally accept yourself as you are. You can make your own story. Don't give up, and don't lose hope.

It felt like she knew what I went through even though I didn't talk to her about it."

"She has that ability to know what you're going through based on your looks and to encourage you after. And that's a gift.", said Edna.

"Speaking of gifts, here's her favorite teddy bear I'm giving to her on the meet and greet.", said Sofia as she showed it to the girls.
"That's so cute.", said Maddy, "I'm sure she's going to love it."
"I'm giving her an invitation card to be my guest performer for my next school building.", said Kara.
"Oh, I saw it in the group chat.", said Edna.
"And the inspiration for that was so clear. You really do have a fight song.", said Sofia.
"And I've also sent you invites.", answered Kara, "Hope you can visit soon."
"Well, I have pacifiers.", said Sofia, "Just to remind her to stay relaxed always."
And the four shared laughs.


"Now that she's in the world stage, we should continue to give her our unconditional love and support.", said Maddy
"She deserves everything she has right now. All she went through were worth it.", said Kara.
"I only wish for her the best things to happen in the future.", said Edna.

"And we should behave well as fans.", said Kara.
"We should respect her privacy when she wants to rest.", said Sofia.
"And also, we shouldn't disturb her long vacations. We should allow her to live like an ordinary person.", said Maddy.
"And also, respect whatever comments are given to our idol rocker.", said Edna.
"Let's be the best example as fans, no matter how others treat us.", said Kara.

Then, a voice announcement came. "In a few moments, the show will begin."
"I'm so excited.", said Maddy. "I wanna see her now!"
"I better prepare my camera.", said Sofia.
"And the lightsticks, too.", said Edna.

A song was then played with the lyrics:
I have a name
I have a voice
No matter how far I'll go
I'll still be me in everything.

I am who I am
And I love it
I'm home with who I am


"IDENTITY!!!" the girls screamed.
And the girls started waiting patiently until the start of the main show. 

Comments