Final Lap



It's a long run. I've got to finish this.
I have my doubts and fears. I don't think I can make it.
But when my eyes are on the prize, I know where I should lead myself to.


Life's a battleground. I'll press on and never look back.
I got to have the strength I need to face every battle.
I have to always prepare myself.

I need to check my heart if I ran the right routes.
I need to check my mind if it works fine.
I need to check my spirit if it's doing well.
I need to check my faith if it's still strengthened. I don't want it to wither away.
I need to train myself on this.
I need focus and discipline.

I would worry about how to keep up with every challenge, but I'm thankful I've gone through them.
I'm glad to be able to celebrate the little victories and milestones so far.
I'm glad to become stronger than before.
I'm glad to become stronger each day.


With all I've achieved, I would be extraordinary to others. But deep inside, I'm just like any ordinary human.
I need strength to make it through the day and rest for the next one.
I need a pit stop. I need to have that daily inner tune that gives me fruit for the new day ahead.


As I keep going, I realized that my life is not my own. It's for a high calling I have to pursue.
I need to stay on course. I need to run forward.
I need to drop all the weight that easily ensnares me.
I can't allow them to weigh me down, trip me up, and try to lose the strength in me.


In this ring of life, it can be tough as I go on.
But I won't give up. I can fight. I can glove up as I go one round closer to the end in mind.

As my life's scoreboard goes on, I need to take shots at the right routes.
I need to get into the game. I need to win it.
I need to endure. I need to persevere.


I may wear and tear in this life, but I'm guaranteed an eternal warranty, a new body once I reach home.
So I want in my life's final lap, I can finish strong in running the race.
I want to end the game well, not regretting anything.
When the cheers come, I know it's well played.

Comments