My Heart's Home

"Home is where the heart is.", as they say.
If that's the case, then there should be love. It's that powerful force pulling everybody together.

Inside that home is a family you can go back to at any time. They'll give you a loving atmosphere that makes you feel assured of anything. When problems come, there's nothing too hard to handle together.

As I write this, I still have them with me. My parents are in their wise years. My sister and I are in our professional careers.  And I'm more than thankful to put my words here.



I'm thankful I come from a small but loving family. Even if we live simply, I'm happy with it. My parents always strive to give the best for us. They ensure we have all we needed. And until today, we still do despite the difficulties we're going through. That's amazing for me as I look back.

I remember the times when I was a kid. When I would play with myself, my Mom would give me toys to play and books to read. I remember reading books about the adventures of a scarecrow named Poldy and his three bird friends. They travel around the world and learn things like colors, shapes, textures, and movements. I would read the story and listen with its songs over a cassette tape. It was one of those times where my fascination with reading started.

I also remember getting a Snoopy toy every day. Each one wore a costume representing a country in the world. I would have a collection of these toy figures, and I was fascinated by them. She sure ate a lot of burgers for me to have these ones.

When the weekend comes, it's bonding time with my Dad. We would hit the arcades and play the games we wanted. But I'll never forget the time when we rode a bump car on the water together. I loved every thrill of it. And I enjoyed being with him as we drove together within the area.



As I grew up, my parents taught us several life lessons:
* Be contented with what you have.
* Work hard.
* Stay humble for every success.
* Always stay happy.
* Keep good relationships with others.
* Be detailed in everything you do.
* Find ways to solve problems.
* Be responsible.
* Flow in life.
* Pray and have faith in God.

Honestly, I fail in most of them. But I'm thankful that my parents are patient. They'll continue to remind me of these things until I can embody them in me.

I remember the times I was indifferent to them, and I regret this. I should've helped them when I could to ease the work they're doing. I shouldn't have hurt them with the words I said and the things I did. I should've obeyed right away when they instructed me things that were for my own good. I shouldn't have given them a headache when they're trying to help me go through my darkest times. But I'm thankful that they still love me and forgive me. Despite my flaws, they still continue to accept me.



As for my sister, we have our own story. We went through the typical cats and dogs quarrel when we were growing up. Our parents had been the middle of all our arguments, and I'm thankful for their patience. They'll always remind us to love one another. For when a time comes that we need to help each other out, we can do such. And we learned to do so as we matured. Now, we share common interests to talk to. We help each other with any problems, share advice with any concerns we have and tease each other at times.

If there was any best memory with her, it's the few times I got to play with her. I'm not a playful person, but she is. So when it's playtime with her, I remember playing fighters and hitting each other with our special moves. I remember her playing teacher and using the wall as our blackboard. I remember her playing concert superstar with her setlist. I remember playing hide and seek where one found by the "It" has to run back to the safe base. Those were the experiences I'm thankful for.

There are things I could have done better as a brother. I should've been a good role model of how it should be. But despite my flaws, I'm thankful she chose to understand me. She helped me out on what I needed to overcome the difficulties I'm experiencing. With the weaknesses I have, I'm making up for the strengths I can give.



At a time that I'm taking responsibility for the family, I realize a few things. I want to give value to the time I still have with them. I appreciate the trust we made together over the years. I have hopes and dreams I want to fulfill for them. I want to see my family grow not just in number but also in love. I can now feel home in them. And I love them for who they are.

We're far from perfect, but we always strive to do our best. It's my hope that we'll continue to be rooted in the values and principles that make us go from strength to strength each day.

Comments

  1. A happy and strong family is truly a gift from Above!!!❤❤❤ Continue to write stories and treasure your family always!!!🙏🌈❤

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment