Soul Catch

Ardie sat on the table in his room, thinking deeply as he rested for the holiday. It was a holiday where people visited and paid respect to their departed loved ones.

He thought about the people he knew who recently passed on and the impactful lives they lived. He thought about his life. He lived successfully, but he felt something was missing. He felt like he was the same, not experiencing a breakthrough.

He then remembered a recent conversation he had.


"You're a great person at work.", says his workmate Mina, "You're always on time for entering and leaving the office. You perform so exceptionally without any overtime. You respect everyone here. You don't give your trust to just anyone. You never take office gossip anywhere. You don't rush for a position. You never run behind office stuff. But I think it's time you take these values with you outside the office."

"I feel more respected here than any other place.", said Ardie.

"I know it's about what you're going through.", said Mina, "But anywhere you go, it will still show up. The people you meet deserve the best you can give, even the difficult people. Not all are full of themselves as what you're thinking. Some are secretly struggling."

Ardie stayed silent to listen to Mina.


"It's a hard pill to swallow, I know.", continued Mina, "But unfortunately, this is the constant we need to live with. It takes a lot of endurance and courage to go with it."

"But I'm so tired of it already.", responded Ardie, "Having to give them kindness always only to find out they take it for granted. And this is all the time. Isn't that too much? Isn't that something to speak out?"

"Life is unfair, and I know you know that.", said Mina, "But you have to remember that this is a broken world. It does what it does. But you, you're the person who brings light. You bring goodness in everything. Keep doing that, and don't be easily swayed by all that oppose you."

Ardie continued to listen to Mina.


"I think you need to remind yourself of one thing you need to do every day.", continued Mina, "Carry yourself well."

"Others don't care what you're going through. But the most important thing is you. How are you bringing yourself in all of these? You have a purpose to fulfill, and you must be okay to do what you need to do well. You can only give what you can to them, but it's up to them to decide. What's important is you."


Ardie took a thought and said, "You know, you're the only person who can console me this way. Others console me in a way that's hurried. They want to see in me the end goal straight away."

"I know that feeling.", replied Mina, "I would understand why. But looking at you, you have some deeper questions left unanswered. Mind you, been there, done that."

She paused and continued, "Sometimes, questions are unanswered until the right time comes. We'll have to live with it in the meantime. But that shouldn't hinder you from being who you really are. You're the real deal."

Ardie's face started to lighten up.


"I'm actually friends with your sister.", said Mina, "We're classmates and besties in college. She would talk at times about you. And with what I know, you don't seem to be a bad person at all. You're too expectant. You take everything on your ego. And how people treat you matters so much for you. I'll have to remind you again. Nothing matters except family, friends, home, and inner peace."

Ardie nodded his head.


"Well, I should apologize first.", said Mina, "Sorry for being mean to you back then. Your goodness and kindness spoke a lot about me, and I regret everything." She patted Ardie's shoulder, "But you influenced me a lot. If you can do it for me, you can do it for others, too."

Ardie chuckled and said, "It's funny that a person like you can give me that advice."

"Well, I have to go.", said Mina, "Take care of yourself. And oh, one deal we have to make. No love relationships until we build our career."

"It's a deal.", said Ardie.


After that thought, Ardie scribbled these words on paper:

Heal.
Dream again.
Think wisely.
Remember the legacy always.
Find family.


He then remembered words from Mina,

"You're the most authentic person I know. You're true to yourself regardless of your pressure to act otherwise. You're honest with yourself. You're genuine. You're willing to accept whatever comes your way because you are true to what you consider right. Don't be a sad boy too much."


He then continued to write,

What the soul longs for.
Cries for, desires for.
It should be enough and nothing else.

Never a hardened soul.
Or a shallow soul.
Or even a clattered soul
But a good soul

Beautiful attractions are moments of inspiration.
The valleys are for stamina and strength.

......

"I guess there are dreams that need to take a back seat.", Ardie thought, "Not all I see seems what it really is."

"The hands may be empty, but the heart can be full."

"I'm not perfect. I have my flaws, but I'm still worth a value. I don't claim I have clean living. My life is a rollercoaster of ups and downs. I felt pain and heartache. I even lost my way. I need people to help me clean up my mess. I eventually found my way back, and I was forgiven."

"I fail at times. I stumble. I need a guide."

"I can appear strong. But I can also be weak. I need strength to carry on."

"Only grace carries me through."


He continued writing,

An ultimate purpose can fill.
The ultimate void to be filled.

To deeply connect to it.
To seek to abide by it.
To focus on desiring it.
Never stay far from it.

Dailyness.
Weed out.
Wait on.

Restlessness no more.


......

Comments